At last, the Southland has a Siren School presence, thanks to Sarah Gates of the San Diego based salon, The Sea Jewels.
Sarah is a dynamo who is on track for certification in a variety of Siren Soiree and Fantasy Fitness genres. She even has her own dance studio, newly built and awaiting students.
Please visit with her on Facebook
and if you're local, join her new Meetup group
Friday, August 22, 2014
Friday, August 15, 2014
Welcome to the SireniTea Shoppe, our crowdfunding project to create a physical location for Siren School.
I'm Joy, Headmistress of Siren School. I'm a veteran entrepreneur with experience in retail and have owned a shop, a tea room and a fine dining restaurant.
The SireniTea Shoppe will serve as a base of operations for Siren School activity and the training that is part of the various entrepreneurial opportunities we offer. Here, we will be able not only to host events and serve treats, but the shoppe will:
- sell hand-crafted wearable and decorative goods lovingly created by artisans in the siren community
- serve as a training hub for our Li'l Mermaids Poise & Porpoise program including our Shared Treasure Hunt kids' philanthropy project
- generate proceeds to be donated to The Untouched, benefitting women who've experienced domestic abuse
- allow us to hire staff as well as train 'interns' of all ages who could use some assistance with social graces and business skills
What We Need & What You Get
Based on my previous experience, the 50,000 we're striving to raise will go towards rent, gently used equipment and furnishings... maybe even a little merchandise, though we're prepared to acquire that on consignment if need be.
Because we have an existing business and fan base, we have some pretty spiffy perqs to offer -- at least we like them.
Depending on the amount raised during our campaign, we will either seek an actual investor to make up the difference, or put the funds toward existing Siren School programs that could use a boost.
Risks & Challenges
Eateries are always a risky enterprise, but food service is just the beginning of what we intend to do with our space. We have classes, workshops and special events at the ready that are patiently awaiting a place where they can be offered.
Other Ways You Can Help
Siren School was created to help women realize how beautiful and valuable they are.. right now... as is... and to help those who've lost their joy to reclaim it. We'd be honored to have you join us, in any way you can -- whether as a donor, a fan, a Salonniere, Siren Soirees Producer or Fantasy Fitness Instructor. Welcome to Siren School -- where education is an adventure in self-discovery
PICK A PERK
$5 - A Nod
- We will publicly thank you in writing as part of a donor list included in an upcoming issue of la Vie Sirene magazine.
$10 - A Smile
- We will gladly post your name as a donor on our website for one month
$50 - A-Plundering we go!
- Grab a friend and start racking up reward ducats as part of Siren School's PLUNDER program:
- Receive 6 complimentary standard ads OR 3 video ads in la Vie Sirene magazine or one of our theme-specific sites
$250 - Behind the Velvet Rope
- Enjoy a VIP tea for 4 at the SireniTea Shoppe -- transferable
$500 - Sip & Sleuth
- We'll throw you a tea party for 6 in your own hometown, along with a Cup of Mystery whodunnit game to play as you sup
$1,000 - Eenie Meenie
- We'll spoil you with your choice of Siren Soirees for a group of 6-10, in your own hometown
$2,500 - Get Packin'!
- Attend the Mythic Adventures weekend getaway of your choice
$5,000 - Alooooooooha!
- Join us for a 5 day Total Sirenity getaway in Hawaii
$10,000 - With a side of YOU!
- We will name a menu item after you and include your contact info on the menu as well, for one year
$25,000 - Let's Window-shop
- Your name will appear on the front window of our shoppe for a full year
$50,000 - Marquee Me
- Your name will appear as part of our shoppe's primary signage!!!! For real.... for one year
Thursday, August 14, 2014
Cake for everyone today!!!
This is a big day for me. 4 years ago TODAY, during a yoga class, the idea for Fantasy Fitness (originally called the Joy of Dance) was born. It's taken a whole lotta life detours, interstate moves, and stalls to help others with their businesses and even deal with health issues, but FINALLY what has evolved into Siren School is coming to fruition and poised to officially launch in September. I am so humbly grateful for every needful step in this mammoth undertaking and twisting sojourn, and can only imagine what wonders the next 4 years will bring. With so much love for our sweet siren community,
Saturday, August 9, 2014
*FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE*
Annual Siren Soiree Producer &/or Fantasy Fitness Instructor License - $99
CERTIFICATION is available as follows:
- Genie Dreams Siren Soiree genre certification - $75
- Genie Belly Bliss Fantasy Fitness Instructor genre certification - $75
- Soiree/Fantasy Fitness Combo certification - $112.50
- Genie Belly Bliss Fantasy Fitness Routine #1 - $75
via written TRAINING GUIDE
- Genie Dreams Siren Soiree - FREE
- Genie Belly Bliss Fantasy Fitness Instructor - FREE
- Genie Belly Bliss Fantasy Fitness Routine #1 - FREE
via Optional GROUP VIDEOCHAT (includes written training guide)
- Genie Dreams Siren Soiree - $75, Sept 13, 9a-3p PDT / 12-6p EDT
- Genie Belly Bliss Fantasy Fitness Instructor - $75, Sept 20, 9a-3p PDT / 12-6p EDT
- Soiree/Fantasy Fitness Combo - $112.50, Sept 13 & 20, 9a-3p PDT / 12-6p EDT
- Genie Belly Bliss Dance Party Leading - $25, Sept 21, 12-2p PDT / 3-5p EDT
- Genie Belly Bliss Routine #1 Choreography Cleanup - $12.50, Sept 21, 2:30-4:30p PDT / 5:30-7:30 EDT
via Optional PRIVATE 1-on-1 VIDEOCHAT (includes written training guide)
- Genie Dreams Siren Soiree - $175, send a message to schedule
- Genie Belly Bliss Fantasy Fitness Instructor - $175, send a message to schedule
- Soiree/Fantasy Fitness Combo - $262.50, send a message to schedule
- Genie Belly Bliss Dance Party Leading - $60, send a message to schedule
- Genie Belly Bliss Routine #1 Choreography Cleanup - $30, send a message to schedule
Thursday, August 7, 2014
Monday, August 4, 2014
Fans unite in local groups and via videochat to celebrate their beloved author over afternoon tea
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 04, 2014
USA — While last year’s fetching frock may no longer be in fashion, the popularity of some styles never wanes. Such is the case with the works of author Jane Austen. Women just can’t get enough of her and her iconic characters. At the ongoing and rabid request of Austenites, women’s wellness organization Siren School is throwing a party in Austen’s honor, and everyone is invited, regardless of location.
An Austentatious Afternoon Tea will be held in tea rooms throughout the country as well as in households and even online. It all takes place Saturday, November 8th, 2014 at 11am PST / 2pm EST. The event will kickoff with a ceremonial global, group toast whereby participants may tune in via live videochat to lift a cup together. Planned as an annual event, the theme for the inaugural tea is Pride & Prejudice. Games and trivia will be provided to all hosts and guests are encouraged to don bonnets and gloves, as well as sport parasols and handkerchiefs.
Siren School Headmistress Joy Devivre describes the event this way: “For years I’ve been hounded to do some sort of Jane Austen event. Finally, our new Salonniere Sarah Gates of the San Diego Sea Jewels salon talked me into it. It was originally meant to be a quiet little tea party to welcome new members. It quickly took on a life and scale of its own, and I’m pleased as tea punch to see how it’s evolving.”
Austen enthusiasts may choose from a variety of participation options:
· Regional Siren School Salons ie chapters
· Local participating tea rooms
· Private parties at home
· Live videochat via Google+. Drop in anytime during the 1.5 hour event
· Facebook event page chat. Images and comments will be posted before, during and after the event
If a rich aunt insists on spiriting you away to her country estate for the weekend and you’re forced to miss the event, not to worry. Emma and friends are already planning next year’s tea for the second Saturday in November.
Siren School is dedicated to helping women discover (or re-discover) their value, beauty and joie de vivre. Activities include the regional Salon program, Siren Soiree theme parties, Mythic Adventures themed getaways, Fantasy Fitness theme dance instruction, special interest workshops online, and Plunder – the student rewards program.
# # #